AP Photo/Petros Karadjias
One of the co-hosts of EURO 2020, Scotland have qualified for their first major tournament since the 1998 World Cup.
After finishing third in Group I behind Belgium and Russia, Scotland were given another chance to qualify via the play-offs after a strong showing in the UEFA Nations League.
And consecutive penalty shootout victories against Israel and Serbia were enough to send the “Tartan Army” supporters into delirium.
Much like another British team, Wales, Scotland rely on strong team performances and they will play two of their three group stage games in front of a home crowd in Glasgow.
What is Scotland’s best previous performance at a European Championship?
The content of the article:
- 1 What is Scotland’s best previous performance at a European Championship?
- 2 How did Scotland qualify for EURO 2020?
- 3 What kind of form are Scotland in?
- 4 Who is one Scottish player you might have heard of?
- 5 Who is one Scottish player who could impress at EURO 2020?
- 6 Did you know this about Scotland?
- 7 What are Scotland’s group fixtures at EURO 2020?
- 8 What are the odds of Scotland winning EURO 2020?
Group stage (1992, 1996)
How did Scotland qualify for EURO 2020?
By finishing third in Group I with a record of P10 W5 D0 L5 F16 A19, and then winning play-off route C.
What kind of form are Scotland in?
Last six games: WDWDDL
Who is one Scottish player you might have heard of?
Andy Robertson: The Liverpool defender was appointed Scotland’s captain in September 2018 and will provide plenty of energy and industry on the left side.
Who is one Scottish player who could impress at EURO 2020?
John McGinn: A box-to-box midfielder for Aston Villa, who scored seven goals for Scotland to help them qualify for EURO 2020, McGinn will be key to his nation’s chances of success this summer.
Scotland’s John McGinn, left, is challenged during the UEFA Euro 2020 playoff semi-final against Israel.AP Photo/Scott Heppell
Did you know this about Scotland?
Scotland also faced England at Wembley at their last European Championships in 1996. The two nations also played each other in a two-leg play-off to qualify for the 2000 tournament.
What are Scotland’s group fixtures at EURO 2020?
All times CEST
- Scotland vs Czech Republic, 14 June, 15:00 (Hampden Park, Glasgow)Scotland vs England, 18 June, 21:00 (Wembley Stadium, London)Scotland vs Croatia, 22 June, 21:00 (Hampden Park, Glasgow)
What are the odds of Scotland winning EURO 2020?
200/1 (Oddschecker, 24/05/21, 12:00 CEST)